New eTAF and NWHS survey just now posted on line

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jul 1 09:27:38 EDT 2013

What are Your Interests in the N&W Historical Society?

Any successful organization must meet the needs of its customers. A
volunteer organization such as the NWHS, in order to attract and grow its
membership (especially for a railroad that ceased to exist over 30 years
ago), must ask itself if it is meeting the needs of its membership. A second
part of that question is what do we need to do to attract more members.
Recognizing that we are a diverse group that includes former N&W employees,
N&W railfans, current railroad employees, people interested in railroad
history, people who grew up along the railroad right-of-way and many other
people with different interests, a first step in this process is asking our
members, "What are you interested in?" Another way to think of this question
is to ask, "Why do you belong to the NWHS?" Perhaps it is something as
simple as you like the 10 percent member discount from the commissary, or
maybe it as complex as learning how the N&W treated water for its steam
locomotives. Whatever it is, take the time to tell us.

In order to stimulate your thinking, we are launching a survey with the
print version of TAF. The Board of Directors asks that you fill out the
survey and return it to the NWHS. You can also go online to
http://nwhs.org/Survey2013 and fill out the survey electronically. You will
also find a link to the survey at www.nwhs.org. Please submit your survey by
October 31, 2013.

We have designed the survey to cover a broad array of interests, and we have
left space for you to fill in your own ideas in case we did not think of
them. You will notice that we are trying to find specific information in
some questions, but it is information you can provide by checking a box.

We intend to use the survey to assess how we are meeting the needs of our
members and to identify areas where we need to do more. We can only do this
if you provide your input.

We will share the survey results with you. We will tell you what the survey
told us and what we are doing to respond to the survey results.

NWHS Officers and Board of Directors

You can take the survey electronically and read the July-August-September
eTAF by going to the NWHS homepage at <http://www.nwhs.org> www.nwhs.org.
Don't you want to be the first one to fill out the survey?

Alex Schust