UH-OH

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jan 12 18:25:44 EST 2013

Ed,

I know how you feel on that mistake. I have no good advice for you but to be patient. One suggestion I do have if within reach you might try the Caboose hobbies ground throws. I know they are not to scale but I use them where I can to save on the cost of Tortoises.

Also, I recommend one cut with a Roto-zip type tool just under the throw bar. This way that "big" hole is not visible. A cut just large enough for the wire of the the Tortoise is enough. Where I have installed a Tortoise this is how I make the hole and it is only 1/8" wide and about 1" to 1 1/2" long. Still the switch has to come up.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC