UH-OH

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jan 12 18:17:09 EST 2013

For the most part, yes, although you can lift the track nails and only separate one end of the switch. I hope you did not solder the switches to the rest of the track. Sometimes you can just remove the track nails and, if you used flex track, you can move the track out of the way for the drill bit. Another thing, how thick is your sub roadbed? Mine is 3/4 inch plywood. When I used 3/4 to join and support the sub roadbed I had to drill a larger than 3/8 inch hole. as much as 3/4 inch, and go to much heavier switch control piano wire. Good Luck, running your trains on your own layout beats everything else in the world of trains.