"Norfolk and Western Jr. Railway"

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Dec 13 18:28:11 EST 2012

In going through some high school snapshots, I ran across a few photos of a rambling building in the countryside near Portsmouth.

I encountered this facility quite by accident on a road trip across southern Ohio. A large sign across its top proclaims the building to be "Home of the Norfolk and Western Jr. Railway". Interestingly, a smaller sign near the door also announced  availability of "R evolvers, S hotguns, Rifles, Ammunition" inside.

The building wa s e ntered via the platform of a genuine N&W steel caboose. Inside was a large O-scale layout which featured a nicely m odeled J and the expected  assortment of articul ateds with  coal trains .

Does anyone besides me remember this place? I'd be interested in any further details. (If there's an expert out there -- good fodder for an Arrow article!)

Thanks,

Bob Chapman