Very small N&W 0-6-0?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Aug 7 10:09:46 EDT 2012

Kenneth-
The Bachmann 0-6-0 is a fairly decent, if basic, model of the USRA 0-6-0.
Bachmann has continuously improved the model from its original release and
current versions are quite nice for the money, but, as you say, it ain't a
Spectrum model. It never has been offered with a correct tender (variously
getting a Reading 2-8-0, SP Harriman, and Slopeback). The N&W did not have
USRA 0-6-0s and I'll leave it to the list to suggest a possible project for
you.
Charlie Vlk

Folks, I have a little puzzle..
I recently purchased an old Bachmann HO scale 0-6-0, thinking it was a
Spectrum model. When I got it, I realized that it's much smaller. The
drivers are about 43" diameter, the overall wheelbase is only 10', and the
middle driver is offset to the rear 6" of center. I can find no prototype
locomotive on either Southern or the Danville & Western, my two primary
roads. Since I also have a little bit of N&W on my layout, I was
wondering.. did the N&W ever have anything that small? At this point, I
don't care about anything other than the wheelbase and diameter, as I will
have to build the rest of the loco anyway. Was there a suitable N&W
prototype?