W&LE / NKP Cabooses

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jul 27 12:00:32 EDT 2012

Thank you Jim. After I write this note I'm going to order a copy. The variety and variations of
Cabooses after the mergers make the Caboose as interesting to model as the diesels. Living in Bellevue we had the NKP with it's equipment but soon after the mergers massive new Diesels and other equipment starting showing up at the Round House. I'm not a rivet counter but I try to get as close as possible to the piece of equipment I'm modeling. Again thank you for the information.

---- NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

> Suggest you get a copy of Cabooses of the Norfolk and Western from the

commissary (member price $39.95) Te series you are interested in are on pages
142-145 with photos of them in the 1964 scheme and the 1971 scheme. The initial
repainting lasted from Nov. 1965 till December 1967. Since the blue scheme was
adopted in 1966, some of them had to have been painted blue.

Jim Nichols