Class K1 Dome HO

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Apr 22 21:50:56 EDT 2012

David:

On my K1, which is based on a modified Mehano 4-8-2 ,I used a piece of bass
wood which I whittled and sanded to shape. After application of a coat of
24 hour epoxy which was smoothed with a hair dryer one is hard pressed to
discern it is made of wood. I have used this method of making domes on many
of my models. For me at least it is not as difficult as it sounds.

Bob McCracken

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 6:49 AM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org