Kirkley Hotel Confirmations

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 10 15:49:41 EST 2012

I have successfully registered with the Kirkley for the June NWHS
Convention, and maybe I can save members some time by explaining a quirk on their
confirmation notice that otherwise might give you pause and inspire you to
give them a call.

As you probably noticed in the mailings and message board postings, Charlie
Long is the convention Chair, and arranged the room block with the
Kirkley. For reasons unknown, the Kirkley's software remembers that he arranged
the block even when it assigns a room to you from the block, and his name
will appear in parenthesis after yours on your confirmation notice. The
hotel says this is not a problem, just a quirk in their software, and you
really do have a room reserved.

Hope this helps; looking forward to it and seeing old friends. Haven't
been to one since Bluefield (they've tended to conflict with another
activity, but his one is a week earlier and avoids the conflict).

Regards,

Dave Phelps