1957 N&W Model Train Layout

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 9 17:18:06 EST 2012

I first saw the layout in the late 50s when it came to Huntington, WV
for the annual model train show. It was ahead of its time with the
detail on it. In looking at the pictures I recognize some of the kits
that were used on it. The plans for the station and the freight house
were published in MR as well. I think the station is based on Fort
Royal, VA and the freight station may be Roanoke. The locomotives were
PFM brass imports.

Larry Smith