Weathering

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 11 09:35:58 EDT 2011

I have to say that when people visit my train lay out they all remark about the weathering on rolling stock and locomotives. I'm in no way a pro but am always learning and the recent artical in Model Railroader shed light on a few more tid bits of information. I use pictures of whatever I'm modeling to not only make sure of the protype being modeled but how it looked as far as age in the period I'm representing. 1966 two years after the NKP,Wabash and N&W merger. NKP weathered and renumbered, Wabash renumbered and weathered and N at W new Blue and weathered Blue. What a time it was living here in Bellevue,Ohio and now after all these years I'm sort of getting to relive the day.

George Keller