3rd Rail K2a has arrived

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Apr 14 04:56:14 EDT 2011

Harold,
Scott Mann had all of the information at his disposal. The model industry and our own economy being what it is, I am sure he could not be there to look over their shoulder every step of the way. Consequently, some things slipped through the cracks, so to speak. It happens to all of them. For example, I have yet to see a J with the correct shape and position of the skyline casing around the feedwater heater.
There are a few other omissions and small mistakes that you didn't mention and I am sure there will be those that will nit-pick the model to death down the line.
This project almost didn't happen at all. Over three years in the making. I would say that we are lucky to have what we have. In my opinion it looks much better than the HO model I used to have that was made by Key.

Jim,
Looking at the N&W drawing ( #J-40548 ) of the K2a, the spacing would suggest that there were four safety valves.

Jimmy Lisle