Y3 # 2003 - Y6b 2194

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Mar 2 12:35:47 EST 2011

Lois --

If you are willing to experiment -- I had good luck many decades ago
filing down the flanges of a Rivarossi E8. Just turn on the power and file the
flanges as the wheels rotate. Once the flanges are trimmed to the desired
depth, file them from the back to thin them so that they will not pick
switchpoints. As you file, be careful with the temperature to avoid melting the
styrene wheel centers. The non-powered wheels can probably be replaced with
aftermarket parts.

If this doesn't work, you will still have a display locomotive for your
roundhouse.

Good luck!
Bob Chapman

In a message dated 3/2/2011 6:47:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,