NW-Modeling-List Digest, Vol 87, Issue 22

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 26 11:24:19 EST 2011

I like the look of the red on the cars, maybe not "perfect" but my first
thought is not, "ugh, how do I get that repainted??" my two J 4-8-4s on the
other hand...

I looked at the cars too and thought some of them, particularly the P3 and
D1 could have some paint and lettering changes that would make them
marketable beyond those interested in Powhatan Arrow cars. The D1s could be
in the same color scheme, but painted as the two named D1s and run in a
Pocahontas consist. And for those modelling N&W in the '60s, the blue cars
would be of great use to them. There were ten P3s, and those were run in
several trains aside the Powhatan Arrow. Wonder if it's possible to convince
MTH to run a unnumbered with just a decal sheet to handle those cars? I
think that'd be neat.

Alvie