HO Scale limited runs

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 17 14:36:20 EST 2011

Why are so many manufacturers of HO doing so much of their items limited run? HO scale I used to be able to find what I was looking for and be able to buy it at reasonable prices. Now it is gone by the time I have received information about release or it is exorbitantly marked up. And why did Athearn n Walthers stop making car kits? That was a big part of model railroading that I enjoyed. They tripled the price and cheapened the products like plastic hand rails on locos. Just like the auto industry.

Not intended to insult anyone or a manufacturer. Just frustrating for loyal HO scaler. Thanks for letting me vent.

Jon Kelley