Robertson Screws? Drywall Screws?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Oct 29 11:55:58 EDT 2010

Not my note but I do a lot of woodworking. Square drives are great for some applications (such as cabinetry work where you would like minimal head exposure). They go in firmly and the driver has less chance of slipping and stripping the slot/phillips head. I've found that when assembling benchwork that they don't work as well as we don't use expensive lumber and the wider head gives more "holding power" like for homasote roadbed. Predrilling and countersinking also a plus.....

And I think you'll find that Lowe's has square drive screws in varying dimensions and may be cheaper than from a specialty store on line.

Good luck.

Ed Svitil
Norfolk & Western Railway