A general question to the entire group

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Oct 26 14:57:52 EDT 2010

Eric: I agree with Jim on most all of his suggestions. The BWL H2a hoppers offered over the last couple of years have greatly expanded the field for accurate N&W hopper cars. I have over 140 of the H2a. The NWHS is going to offer another series of six numbers in the Bowser HL series after the first of the year.  Also don't forget the VGN H3 hoppers the NWHS is offering. We plan to offer more in the H3 series and later to offer the modern VGN lettering in the H3 series also. The NWHS is working with several manufacturers on some other N&W and VGN hopper cars models but these cars are several years away at the present time. One thing to remember is that N&W never purchased or built any USRA 55 ton hoppers. Nor did VGN build or purchase any new 55 ton USRA hoppers. VGN did purchase several hundred used 55 ton USRA hoppers and purchased new 500 70 ton USRA hoppers in 1923. These USRA 70 ton cars were the H5 class hoppers on the VGN.
Harold Davenport