Scale v. Detail

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Sep 1 17:19:43 EDT 2010

Hi Gene,
I've been in HO most of my life, roughly 8 years ago I switched to N scale and was well aware of the sacrifice of detail in "N" I built a small N scale layout and later tore it down with the next layout depicting Abingdon and Cecil on the Bristol Line in a 6'8" X 12' sized layout.Though it never got to the scenery level, I must say that my version of Abingdon really looked like Abingdon. I had all the N&W equipment to portray the 1960's and 1970's. I think this layout would've looked very authentic had I kept it. I simply got tired of the small size, I felt it was hard to work on. I don't regret going back to HO.
Dave Grigsby