N-Scale #611 - Bachmann

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Aug 26 12:36:50 EDT 2010

Several years ago I purchased the Bachmann 611, N scale. Right out of
the box it ran about 20 feet, then, clunk, not to start again. I
returned it to Bachmann and they sent me another brand new one, which
runs fine, no problems. It is far and away the most powerful engine I
have among various others. Quite heavy; I have never seen it slip on
extended grades.

I have not done a rigorous details-to-prototype comparison, contrary to
what I do with rolling stock. The engine presents well, and with an
Arrow consist (see The Arrow, v.26, n1 [2010])
is a real eye-catcher.

Frank Gibson