THANKS AND MORE HELP

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Aug 4 10:48:37 EDT 2010

NW Modeling List wrote:

> Many thanks to those who explained that N&W sand towers were a dark

> color, as in the photo.

> Another frustration that I'm sure others have encountered - laying

> Shinohara flex track with code 83 rail joiners. Is there some trick

> to getting them one juuuuuust a bit easier? I spend an inordinate

> amount of time with small pliers and too often end up with the joiner

> stuck in my thumb about 3 inches!

> I grabbed some old code 100 joiners and they went on REAL easy, but

> I'm worried that electical conductivity will suffer.

Howdy Ed

Use a small screwdriver to open the ends of the code 83 joiners. That
will help. Also use a file on the ends of the rail - top and bottom of
the base - to taper the area that slides into the joiner.

Take care
Bill

--
== Scale Model Railroad Products ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Ordered your Mill Creek Tipple No. 2 yet??? http://www.btsrr.com/bts7240.htm

Bill & Diane Wade

B.T.S.
RR 1 Box 141A
Belington, WV 26250

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.