1218 window frame color

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Apr 26 22:10:02 EDT 2010

Red is incorrect. Orange was the color, at least to the best of my
knowledge. The red window frames originated in 1982, when the Southern
Steam Shops crew restored the 611, and painted the window frames in
tuscan because they thought it looked better than the orange. They
also wanted to paint the tires in white. Luckily, we managed to keep
that from happening.

The rear trucks should be gloss black. The smokebox front on 1218 is
graphite.

Ken Miller