Anyone have a source for Athearn or MDC hoppers in HO

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 22 20:50:45 EST 2010

ACCURAIL DOES RUNS ALSO DO SETS OF NUMBERS IF YOUR SO INCLINED LEN BOUCHER

In a message dated 1/22/2010 5:01:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org writes:

I would love to find a large source of 55 or 70 ton hoppers. I have
somewhere between 250-350 currently, but would like to get that number up around
500 for my next layout. I have been buying them on ebay and scouring
Google but the going is slow. What about a custom run by either of these
companies? I have not really kept up with the, but believe MDC was
sold/discontinued?, and Athearn was bought by someone (Walthers?). I sure miss the days
when I could pick them up for $4-8 each from the hobby shops. 150 $25
hoppers is not realistic. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike Rector

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org