Streamlined K2 tender?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 6 17:37:44 EST 2010

Hi

What is the sheeting that hangs down on the LHS side of the K2's beneath the running board?

Thanks.

Barry Reeves
Songwriter & Musician
www.northwestlondonblues.co.uk

To: nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Re: Streamlined K2 tender?
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 18:38:14 -0500
From: nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org

To add to this discussion on K2 tender trucks here
is an image from the VA Tech collection of 122 when she looked
to be brand new at Roanoke Shops.

http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns870.jpeg

The previously posted photo of 129 is dated
02-04-46 so I would say the engine was newly streamlined in that
photo.

Here are photos from my collection, 129 at
Hagerstown 02-20-54, and 130, 131 same location, different date. Does
it look like the bearing boxes have been changed or the trucks replaced by this
time? I have also noticed that the spoked lead truck wheels on all the
K2's were replaced at some date. Can Ed King or Col Jeffries shed some
light on the changes?

--Rick Morrison
The message is ready to be sent with the following
file or link attachments:
NW K2a Hagerstown226.jpg
K2a 129 Hagerstown
'54252.jpg
K2a 130 Hagerstown 253.jpg

Note: To protect against
computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types
of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how
attachments are handled.