Ideas for mixing N&W tuscan red

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 21 10:55:45 EST 2009

I've had great results with this recipe:

N&W Maroon (1925-1950)
2 parts Caboose red gloss( A 'part' is a full shot glass)
2 parts Tuscan Red gloss
5 drops Chrome silver
5 drops Gold
5 drops Poop Brown
4 drops Cub Yellow
11 drops Medium Purple Gloss

Weathering:
Armor Sand thinned 3 to 1 with lacquer thinner and very lightly
applied to the lower parts of the Passenger cars & Trucks for an
almost invisible particle of paint representing the traction sand.
Use 35-45 lbs of air pressure.

3/4 bottle small Testors Flat Black, adding in 15 drops of Armor Sand
to more closely represent coal soot. this is also applied at higher
than normal air pressure to get a spatter effect from the thicker
paints. Paint tops and ends of all the passenger cars. More on
baggage and mail/storage cars.

Mark Lindsey
Stuck in the snow in the 1930's

On Dec 18, 2009, at 8:50 AM, Lindsey, Stacy M. (HQ-LM020)[Lockheed