ExactRail N&W Boxcar

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Nov 17 12:39:33 EST 2009

John,

The just released Athearn SD-45's are really beautiful. They are Blue (somehow this note didn't send yesterday and ended up in my draft folder,,,,,,, since then others have identified the black/blue discrepancy) with yellow lettering and hamburger heralds as delivered by EMD. They have additional detail vs prior Athearn RTR SD-45's (I have 3 EL and 3 SOU Athearn RTR's) and the multi chime bi-directional air horn and firecracker antenna look and appear to be correctly located on the cab and high nose roof for N&W. These models also have hoses and details on the pilots as well as all collapsed all weather cab window components on the cab windows that are not on prior production Athearn RTR SD-45's. There are still no MU receptacles or drop steps.

These are great models. They look good and run well (as is the case with all the Athearn RTR units I own). Anybody need one? ......I somehow ended up with 2 of each number.

Ed Painter Narrows, VA currently living in Russellville, AR