HO Layout Suggestions

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Oct 31 14:04:47 EDT 2009

Kit,

The Kenova District between Williamson and Portsmouth or anything Roanoke eastward towards Norfolk would give you troop trains, long coal trains and Class A's. I'm working towards mid to late 50's on my layout, but if I was doing WWII era I would have to include at least one unstreamlined J1. I think there is a picture of a J1 in Ken Miller's J book doubleheading on a troop train. What a brutish looking 4-8-4!! I guess the biggest drawback I see for my personal taste for the WWII era on the N&W is the exclusion of the Y6b. I guess its all in what you want.

Chris Dalton,

Bluefield, WV