MTH HO J

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Oct 21 16:48:27 EDT 2009

I have an MTH J. I also have two BLI's. Detail wise, I'd give the edge to the BLI's, but both of my BLI's have experienced running issues after just a couple of hours. I've run the MTH around the club layout for many hours and it has yet to fail. I program all of my locos on my NCE powercab system but run them using digitrax on the club layout. True, you can't access all of the features without the DCS system, however I can still access most of the features from my DT400 throttle. The most annoying aspect is that sometimes if the system glitches you have to stop the train, do and toggle F3 to get the sound going again. One thing that is a hit...the announcements you can access using F4. Kids at shows love the Conductor calls.

I guess I'm not that picky....I like them all.

Steve Seward