DP Passenger Cars

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Oct 19 08:06:27 EDT 2009

Ahh... another with my favorite description of N&W Tuscan Red: "Tomato Soup"
Look at every video.... this is what you see. If manufacturers' models
were painted to look like tomato soup, that would be much closer than we often see.
Too many come out Caboose Red or PRR "Maroon"

Mike Rector

________________________________

"I do have the reference for the Tuscan Red specified
for the SD40 and C30-7’s that were painted in Tuscan. This
isDUCO 282-93520 Tuscan Red which is an
automotive/industrial paint code."

"Why are we making things so difficult."

One reason would be because the
SD40 & C30-7 color is a metallic that has a purple tint vs the tomato soup
of the non-metallic earlier years. Personally, I can't stand the
metallic.
I would suggest that the name "Model
Car World Automotive Finishes" in Burlington, NC be kept in mind. He might be
able to produce a good match if a color could be settled upon.
Jimmy Lisle