Division Point N&W passenger cars BEj

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Oct 17 11:26:26 EDT 2009

Stephen: If the ends are black, the roof would be black. DP appears to be trying to compensate for the fact that highlight makes a black roof look gray, but they got it a little too light to my taste.

As for the blue BMj, I don’t know what you are looking for, but the BMj’s were off the roster 15 years before the first N&W passenger car was painted blue. (They were the ex-PRR cars they bought in 1934). Also, most of the BM’s above BMf had been converted to full baggage-express use by the time of the blue cars (no change in doors, but removal of the RPO apartment), so I doubt that any N&W BM of any class ever got painted blue. You sure you aren’t looking for a blue BEj? Jim Nichols

Harold:

As you stated, you supplied the photo of a freshly painted M1, is the color of the roof supposed to be brown or black?

Did DP get it correct according to your photo?

Second, if you are referring to me about needing a blue version of a BEj, you should have read my post. I need a blue version of a BMj

Stephen Rineair

_____