Con-Cor PK Coaches

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Sep 16 17:46:02 EDT 2009

Right on, Harold! The MTH cars look very good, and considering the detail, the price is not bad. On the web site, they seem to be confused between pictures of the P1 and numbers for the P3. Fortunately, the models are all correct. Was aware of the roof line problem on the Roanoke Rails S1’s, but putting the paint part line and the gold stripe in the proper location helps a lot. The NKP car sides were done several years ago at my suggestion, and may not be still available. They also had a core kit with Budd roof to fit the sides, but I don’t know if they also made the scale fault as I have not examined an actual kit. The Walthers 10 and 6 also makes the same mistake. On my kitbash, I correct this with paint. People don’t seem to understand that Budd’s postwar production dropped the transition from roof to letterboard, so that it was a little lower than on PS and ACF cars. Jim Nichols