Signal Head

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Sep 10 18:52:07 EDT 2009

I was not aware that the Pennsy ever converted any lines to color position light signals. When we lived in Ohio during the 70's (Canton with the PC former Pennsy Ft Wayne mainline through the city) all the signals were amber PL' s. This was true also on the C&P all other ex-Pennsy lines throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania where I railfaned. When I go to the Pittsburgh area on business currently, the former Pennsy lines have a combination of several types of signals including CPL's and amber PL's. There were changes under Conrail but they weren't consistent. NS seems to have added to the variations in types since it took over.

Ed Painter; Narrows, VA currently living in Russellville, AR