Rapido N Scale N&W release in peril

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Sep 3 17:47:33 EDT 2009

Rapido has warned that many roadnames may not be produced as announced, N&W among them, so if you were thinking about getting your reservation in please do so (I ordered two of the "PM like" coaches).

Mark Peele
Catonsville, MD

From the latest Rapido telegraph:
===================

Possible N Scale Paint Scheme Cancellations

It seems that Rapido Trains Inc. is not immune to the economic downturn. We announced a second run of N scale passenger cars, including our new Dayniter leg-rest coach, and sufficient orders just didn't come in. Unfortunately, we can't produce a given paint scheme unless we have enough advance orders to cover our costs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the following paint schemes are at risk of being cancelled. Illinois Central seems to be the hardest hit. The orders for cars in IC colors are less than half the quantity of our next lowest paint scheme. You can see all of the second run N scale product numbers in one glance by clicking here.

* Central of Georgia
* Chesapeake & Ohio
* Erie
* Grand Trunk Western
* Illinois Central
* Lackawanna
* Louisville & Nashville
* Milwaukee Road (UP Colors)
* Missouri Pacific (Jenks Blue)
* Norfolk & Western

We'll delay production for about six weeks and see what kind of orders come in. I will let you know which paint schemes will have to be cancelled in issue 22 of the Telegraph. Hopefully the orders pick up before then and all of the paint schemes can be produced.
N&W in N scale