P2K GP30 speed?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jun 9 11:54:54 EDT 2009

The Athearn web site shows that they'll be producing 1627, 1632, and 1635 correctly had a high hood. 1625-1635 were N&W's only High Hood SD-40-2's. The remaining 1600 series SD-40-2's (1636-1652) and all the 6073's and 6207' SD-40-2's were low hood. Just a bit too modern for my model railroad! It be nice to have a couple of high hood SD-40's in blue (as delivered from EMD).

Ed Painter; Narrows, VA currently living in Russelville AR