NW-Modeling-List Digest, Vol 66, Issue 2

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jun 7 19:41:43 EDT 2009

John,

You did not say if they were DC or DCC, but I found as a general rule P2K
locomotives do run slower. This can be over come with DCC, and time and
patience.

I bought three of these when they first came out about two years ago. One
had sound the other ones did not. The one with a sound decoder was a
jackrabbit. The two non-sound decoder equipped were turtles. Well I have
built a little test track about 10 feet long with a Greenway Products
Speedometer installed in it. After playing with the CVs for kick, mid and
max, I managed to have all locomotives run together at 2mph, 34mph and top
speed at 73 mph.

I am now in the process of setting similar speed limits for for all my
locomotives.

A.J. Gemperline