AMB CF Caboose (formerly Digest, Vol 62, Issue 19 )

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Mar 3 21:35:43 EST 2009

Since I was mentioned on the list in regards to the AMB CF kits I thought I'd jump in and add my two cents worth.
The AMB CF kit was the first wood railroad kit that I've built and the first from AMB. I found the kit extremely well produced with very little if any touch up needing to be done. In many regards this kit was simpler to construct than many plastic car kits I've built. I thought the kits went together rather quickly. If some one is needing a lot of cabeese I'd suggest doing it assembly line style after having put one together. I did need to add weight to bring the cars up to standards but that's no biggy. All in all I'm very happy with how mine turned out. In the future if I need more CF's I'll probably go with the AMB kit.
Now if I only could get the 12" to 1' scale CF caboose at the railroad museum to go together as quickly as the AMB kit I'd be in hog heaven.
Dave Moorehead
Milford, OH