Research

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Feb 4 23:06:11 EST 2009

What scale? 1:32, 1:29, 1:24, 1:22.5, etc. Different set of people in each
of these scales. In a gross generalization, scale modelers can be found in
1:32. Standard gauge equipment is the big draw for 1:29 - look at the ads
for Aristo-craft and USA Trains. 1:24 and !:22.5 is LGB centric with narrow
gauge prototypes and some non-scale equipment. Larger scales typically do not
model Class 1 railroads. IMHO, there probably is a market in 1:32 and 1:29
for detailed, scale plastic models. Scale steam models are well represented
there. But making production runs (and sales) large enough to hit those low
price points may be problematic in today's economy. If the initiative is
actually "G" scale (1:22.5), it would be a long shot.

Bob Lang

In a message dated 2/4/2009 4:50:46 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,