local power?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Dec 30 15:47:26 EST 2008

As to short steam power in HO, there are brass W-2's 2-8-0's that Northwest
Short Line put out some years ago, M, M-1 and M-2 4-8-0's made by Sunset and
earlier by Lambert and G Class 2-8-0's made by Alco Models some years ago.

In diesels, you could use GP-9's, RS-11's or RS-3's although those exceed 50
foot lengths.

The older brass is going to be hard to come by and somewhat costly. I
suggest that you change your specification and go with diesels that exceed
your 50 foot limit.

Gary Rolih
Cincinnati