Steam Locomotive fire up

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Nov 13 15:54:31 EST 2008

I am in the process of working on my layout roundhouse project. I am
detailing the inside and showing locomotives in various stages of overhaul.
Reading and viewing all the books and videos I have I wondering after a
steam locomotive is built or gone through a major overhaul what is the
process for firing it up? Is the fire up performed inside the shop?

Being in my early 40's I am not as fortunate as some of you who may have
worked on and around these mechanical marvels either in service or excursion
service. Thank you in advance.

Jon Kelley

norfolknwestern1218 at comcast.net

P.S. I would like to thank all the veterans past and present for their
service to our country, Thank you. You will never be forgotten.