Southeastern whistles

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Sep 2 12:53:45 EDT 2008

I am a member of the NWHS and a board member of the SRHA. One of my
functions in the SRHA is to interface with the model makers. I am in the process of
helping sound decoder companies add southeastern whistles to their sound
decoders. With the exception of 1218 and 611 we have been sorely under
represented in this area. Anyone with decent non-copywrited sound recordings of any
southeastern railroads please send them to me for possible inclusion in sound
decoders. Please, if possible, identify the type whistle, road, time etc.
Do not try to process them yourself, clean non editied clips are what we
need. Obviously, cd's are preferred, but we will try to work with any format.
Rick Bell
3414 Cannon Gate Dr.
Martinez, GA 30907
706-860-3768