Virginian Decals

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu May 22 22:48:17 EDT 2008

This thread took me to Champ Decals, via a link on the greatdecals.com site mentioned below. For those of you, who, like I, thought Champ was no longer selling decals, we were wrong!

I had a short but interesting email exchange today with Connie Meyer Rath, the current owner and widow of the man who ran the enterprise since the 1960's. She stated that at this time, they still have inventory (in some cases, a LOT of inventory) that she plans to continue selling for at least three more years. The Champ website (http://www.minot.com/champ/) is being kept current as inventory sells out. Lastly, she stated that when she is done, she will place an announcement in the model railroad magazines. So beware other vendors selling Champ decals for escalated prices!

Seems to be a nice woman, and the decal sets and shipping are very reasonably priced.

Oh, and to remain slightly on topic, there are Virginian deals in stock... :)

Matt