TURNTABLES

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 7 07:54:12 EDT 2008

Good morning, if I can throw out an idea that I used at one time on my HO
scale layout, I took a piece of Atlas flex track, marked the bottom of the ties
with a scribe (on the fixed tie side), to the correct length, keeping the
rail centered. I then cut the ties and had a ready made piece of single rail
flex track (ties and all)for the turntable pit. I then used a small drill bit
and drilled through the plastic ties and fixed into place with regular track
brads. I also used a regular rail joiner for the connection of the two ends
where they met. It worked out very well and cost only the price of the single
piece of track (about $3.00).

Help it helps, Brian Look

favorites at AOL Food.