Y6b ho scale tender

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Apr 26 00:28:32 EDT 2008

This may not be the most helpful suggestion in the world, but why not
use this as an opportunity to develop some scratchbuilding skills?
Tenders are pretty simple, and styrene is very easy to work with. You
may find that you enjoy it, and an entirely new world of possibilities
will open up to you. Before long, you'll be able to laugh at $1000
locomotives, while you build jewels that rival them for looks, run like
Swiss watches, and cost 1/10 the price.

To encourage a friend to try scratchbulding, I've challenged him to a
friendly competition, to see who can build a better caboose. We picked
something we can each use, and we'll let our wives, and maybe the guys
at the local hobby shop, decide which they prefer. Winner gets bragging
rights, and we both get a scratchbuilt caboose and a new set of skills.

Kenneth Rickman