New N Scale Y3 . "Live steam" for O scale.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Mar 1 22:53:43 EST 2008

Jimmy:
Live Steam for O, I think you going to have to go to 'Z' in which case you are going to be very limited. 'Z' will get you a little larger than one-fifth of O whereas 'N' would get you a little larger than one-fourth of O.
Here are some comparisons:
A 16' tall locomotive will be 4" tall in O scale.
'N' scale it will be 1.2" (1 3/16") tall.
'Z' scale it will be .873 (7/8") tall.

I hope this helps.

The last time I searched, there is little Pacific, an F unit and a GP40(?) available in Z as far as American prototypes go.
There are some nice N&W rolling stock pieces in 'Z' made by MT. Good luck!
Keep us posted.
Charlie Long