excessive bounces - explained

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Mar 1 09:57:48 EST 2008

The Mailman software which runs our mailing lists keeps up with
e-mails that "bounce" back from the recipients mail server. If too
many of the messages get bounced back to the server, it disables the
account. The main purpose is to keep the list cleaned up when people
terminate their e-mail accounts and forget to un-subscribe from the list.

If you simply reply to the e-mail you received, the mailing list
server will re-enable your account.

Unfortunately, yahoo is using anti-spam software (usually a good
thing) that is marking e-mails from the nw-mailing-list as spam (a bad thing).

Please ask yahoo to adjust their filter settings so that messages
from the nw-modeling-list do not continue to be bounced. We are aware
that spammers have been "spoofing" some of their e-mails so that it
appears to come from our nwhs.org domain. All legitimate e-mail from
our domain shall originate from our web server at colima.pair.com
[209.68.2.254]. Yahoo can contact our system administrators at
pairList at pair.com if they have further concerns about spam
originating from our servers.

Of course in these days of phishing schemes, we can never be too
careful and it is a good thing to ask before clicking.

If you have any questions regarding the mailing lists, you can reach
us at <list-moderator at nwhs.org>.

Ron Davis