Baby "J" ???

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 28 18:47:05 EST 2008

I know that the term J Juniors has been used when describing the
modernized K2/K2A 4-8-2's. The first reference to the locomotives by
this name that I recall was in the May 1983 issue of Trains in an
article by then Trains magazine editor David P. Morgan. I also recall
the term being used in the WB video "Blue Ridge Steam" with film from
the late William P. Price. How they became described as "J Juniors" I
do not know, but I do think it's a shame that none of these or the
K1's survived the cutting torch.

Steven Ashley
Spartanburg, SC