I sure would like to see a 4-8-0

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jan 20 20:46:58 EST 2008

MR Mason:

I believe - I know - you have not bought a current brass piece recently or you would know that they are the state of the art in running. Modelers rate Kato locos as the best in plastic! The current brass will blow a kato away.
I'll third your vote, but it ain't going to happen anytime soon, after what our society members bashed BLI over the "A" and the "Y". Would you do another project after people treated your like crap?
I had volunteered for the modeling committee of course was overlooked, but here's what I would do.
The PK2 0-8-0 is and ideal loco for Walthers to make and save on tooling cost. As a committee I would piggyback with the C&O Society and jointly approach Walters with the C&O, N&W, and the VGN 0-8-0's. This gives Walthers the insight of two large Societies with large memberships and the data support of three popular roadnames and most of the tooling cost already done. This is the marketing approach that Walthers could not hardly refuse. Just my thoughts!

Stephen Rineair