Signal aspects

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jan 17 15:50:12 EST 2008

Ted,
Here's a diagram of what the aspects are, both in position signal and
CPL signal diagrams. Now, the aspects were changed around 1952 and this
change eliminated the horizontal aspects on the B arm of the signals, and
the marker lights underneath a B or C arm if the signal was so equipped
were also eliminated. This marker was replaced by a letter plate "S".
This is something Uncle EdK explained to me a great many years ago.

Now, the aspects as I have them named: They weren't known by a "name"
so to speak in the Position Signal era as far as I know, but now the color
aspects are named as I have them listed. The indications are quite
lengthy, so I left them out. I hope this helps.

Oh, and the number plates were removed in the 60's or 70's. These
signals now have names as per the Southern practice.

Ben Blevins

[moderator]Image at following url:
http://nwhs.org/qna/photos/20080117_BracketAspects.jpg