TRAIN ROOM LIGHTING

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jan 6 22:52:09 EST 2008

The cork screw bulbs do give off UV rays according to the GE chemist, but not as much as the tubes. The cork screw bulbs will ruin fabrics, photos etc. Yes, the fluorescent bulbs save $ on the Electric bill, and were designed to lower the electrical usage and to lower the sulfur output by the power plants into the air. You may save on your electric bill, but over time you will be spending allot more $ replacing the thousand of dollars in your home! It has been asked that warning labels be place on ALL fluorescent bulbs because of the damage done to your home and even a class action suit because the lighting companies do not warn people of the damage they cause. It doesn't take a smart person to figure out that a few dollars saved on the electric bill is not worth the thousands to replace you furniture, wallpaper, pictures, or to replace plastic locos, scenery material, etc. on your layout. I have proof of the damage done when I moved to a new place and tore out the layout. Then again, how many of you will throw the fluorescent tubes and bulbs in the trash (if you state allows it). The mercury would be no different than you dumping your used oil on the ground to seep into our fresh water systems you drink.

Stephen Rineair.

Stephen Rineair