Weaver Pocahontas Set

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Dec 7 01:24:53 EST 2007

The OGR thread is on page 5. "Chessieman" provided the following:

"I spoke with Joe Heyter at Weaver about these cars. They will be identical to the previous run of 20-inch aluminum cars with the following changes:

-- interior details;
-- overhead lighting;
-- wire handrails;
-- clear window glazing."

Many folks' thoughts on the OGR thread are: (1) that these cars will be outclassed (including price) by similar entries from Golden Gate Depot and that (2) Weaver should move to plastic. There are also suggestions that some HO manufacturers, which have produced pretty accurate N&W passenger cars, be approached to do some in O scale.

Dick Merrill