Precision Craft CF's possibly canceled

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Oct 30 10:27:15 EDT 2007

The Norfolk & Western Railway sold two CF class wooden cabin cars
numbers 518107 (built August, 1915) and 518162 (built January, 1917)
to the Atlantic & Yadkin Railway in April, 1946. Since I model the
A&Y, I have been looking for CF class cabs. I have one of the AMB
wood kits. I put in an order for one of these to compare about a
year ago....and have heard nothing. Now I know why.

I'm thinking of ordering direct from PCM via their website and just
getting two (who can't use an extra? :-)
http://precisioncraftmodels.com/PCM---N&W-CF-Caboose,-HO-c3083.html

But I'm not sure which version to get...probably the earliest with
horizontal brake wheel. Does anyone have additional information on
these two specific cabin cars? Does anyone have a photo of either
even in N&W paint? The closest thing I've found is a photo of a CF
class car in Southern lettering at Greensboro. I'm guessing this is
one of the A&Y cabs after the 1950 absorption of the A&Y into the
Southern's Winston-Salem division.

Even Southern Railway modelers have a reason to get one of these
classic cabs! Any additional info would be most appreciated.

Dave