BLI vs Bachmann Spectrum

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Sep 20 14:40:52 EDT 2007

Mark,

I have both the BLI and the new Bachmann Spectrum J. Both run great,
but the BLI will pull more. I installed a SoundTraxx decoder with
the whistle from the SP 4449 and it actually sounds closer to 611
than the BLI. One other option would be a brass model. I have a
Samhongsa-made Sunset Models brass J that looks, runs, and pulls
great. I have installed one of the new SoundTraxx Tsunami decoders
in it and it also sounds great. Having said all that, the Sunset
brass J is closest to a J in service, with the BLI next. The
Spectrum J is closest to the excursion version based on gloss and
color of its striping. Enjoy whichever model you choose. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kert Peterson
Fircrest, WA

Modeling the Norfolk and Western Ry in 1951,
when Precision Transportation was still steam powered!